Trailblazer Day Camp Confirmation Packet
Congratulations on registering for camp This confirmation packet contains all of the key information you need for camp, and
the forms you must complete and bring to orientation.
Orientation is highly recommended for Trailblazer participants and parent(s). Orientation is essential so both the Scout and parent(s) have a clear understanding of the program and the requirements to make the Scout's participation successful. Orientation also gives parents the opportunity to submit all necessary paperwork as well as to assist the Scout in completing a schedule if he has not done so already. All Scouts and their parents should plan on attending an orientation session prior to attending their first session at Trailblazer Day Camp.
Sessions will be held at Camp Somers. Drop in any time during the hours below:
- Saturday June 27, 2015 (10:00 am - 12:00 noon)
- Thursday July 9, 2015 (7:00 pm - 8:30 pm)
- Thursday July 16, 2015 (7:00 pm - 8:30 pm)
- Thursday July 23, 2015 (7:00 pm - 8:30 pm)
- Thursday July 30, 2015 (7:00 pm - 8:30 pm)
Scouts should attend the orientation in their swim suits as they are given the opportunity to attempt the BSA swimmer test. Changing facilities are available. Please bring a towel.
If you have any questions regarding orientation, please call 973-347-3266.
Please click on and review all of the following links. They contain important information and instructions about your son's camping experience.
Trailblazer Day Camp Scout and Parent Guide - Contains key information about the Trailblazer Day Camp program, including what to bring.
- Busing Information - Important information and policies regarding bus transportation
- Annual Health and Medical Record FAQs - For the BSA form below
- Directions - for driving to camp
The following forms must be completed and handed in
- Annual Health and Medical Record
- All campers, staff, and volunteer leaders attending camp must completely fill out parts A and B.
This form must be completed annually, and forms for those under 18 need to be signed by a parent/guardian. No doctor's signature is required. Be sure to keep the original
for your records and make a copy for the camp.
No one can attend camp without this form.
- Three Strikes Rule - Discipline policy
- ATV Permission Form - Optional for Scouts at least 13 years of age
If you have any questions about camp or these forms, please contact
the Camping Services Department at 973-765-9322 x238. Remember, if you need financial assistance to attend camp this summer, please check out the
Warren Wheeler Adventureship.
The camp phone number when camp is in session is 973-347-2240
Page last updated: 03-20-2015 09:58 am