Come to Camp Somers as a troop or as an individual
Come with your troop and enjoy a great week at camp. Participate in all of our great programs, work on merit badges and have some fun at camp.
Our Provisional Camp Troop is an overnight program for Scouts who can’t go to summer camp with their troop or just want more weeks at camp. Work on more merit badges or just have fun at camp in any of our program areas. We provide adult leaders with many years of troop experience. Come for one or more weeks as an individual or with some of your friends.
The last week of summer camp season at Camp Somers is Specialty Camp Week. Individual Scouts are invited to join us for the most fun you have ever had at camp. We have four focused programs:
Trailblazer Day Camp is a weeklong adventure geared toward first year Boy
Scouts moving up from Webelos. Older Scouts are also welcome and they are
placed in patrols with experienced Boy Scouts. Have fun in all of the camp
program areas. You may also work on
Tenderfoot to First Class rank requirements, outdoor skills, and age
appropriate merit badges. The program offers new excitement each week. Bus
transportation is provided from locations throughout
Morris, Sussex, and NW Somerset counties. Five sessions are offered Monday-Friday 8:45 am until
Summer camp for troops/crews, Provisional Camp Troop and Trailblazer Day Camp runs for five weeks usually beginning in early July. The next week is Camp COLEY, followed by Specialty Camp Week. Check out this year's summer camp dates for specifics.
- Enjoy our all terrain vehicles with our weeklong ATV Experience at no extra charge
- Earn merit badges while learning new skills
- Meet new friends and take home memories
- Mountain bike our great trails
- Try some great fishing on our ponds
- Stargaze with our ecology staff
- Eat at our dining hall - food is fantastic!
- Climb a 14 foot tall iceberg in our lake
- Sail on Frenche's pond
- Try canoeing, boating, kayaking and funyaking
- Take part in our awesome COPE program
- Climb one of our natural rock walls or try our climbing towers
- Cook your own steak dinner one evening in your campsite
- Work on STEM merit badges and Nova awards as part of our Nova program
- Take in one of our great production quality campfires
- Take on the staff at siesta in volleyball, ultimate Frisbee, kickball or bike polo. Maybe your troop will win the prestigious Siesta Cup.
- Compete in the Monday night Canoe Wars!
- Win our camp wide cooking contest
- Take part in one of our afternoon Brownsea programs
- Show your marksmanship skills with archery, rifle shooting, shotgun shooting, pistol shooting and paintball
- Earn a new Frenche's Follies notch by participating in activities and learning about camp history
- Develop teamwork and leadership skills
- Get to know our great staff - maybe you can be part of it someday
- Enjoy a nice hot shower 24 hrs a day in our clean shower and bath house. There are plenty of flush toilets and individual shower stalls.
- Learn Tenderfoot through First Class Scout skills at our first year camper Dan Beard program
- Finish up First Class requirements at the Ernest Thompson Seton program
Be sure to visit our Summer Camp Program page for more.
We have cabins, tent sites and a variety of programs year round. Visit our weekend camping page for more information.
Page last updated: 09-28-2015 10:37 am